Outlets & Switches
Electrical Outlets, Light Switches & Dimmers
Aardvark Electric has everything you need for your electrical projects, including state-of-the-art electrical outlets and light switches.
- Dimmer Switches
- Wireless Switches
- Light Timers
- Motion-Activated Light Control
- Fan Controls
- USB Outlets
- Outlet and Switch Plates
- GFCI/AFCI Protection
Ensure safety, functionality, and reliability with professional outlet and switch repair, replacement, installation, and maintenance from Aardvark Electric.
Signs of Electrical Problems with Outlets and Switches
The electricity that faithfully serves us 24/7 can also be extremely dangerous, causing more than 50,000 house fires each year. Unfortunately, these fire dangers are often hidden behind walls, which is why it’s important to be proactive about electrical safety.
If you notice any of these common signs of electrical danger, unplug anything connected to the outlet, turn off power to the circuit at the service panel, and don’t use the circuit until a qualified electrician has inspected it.
- Strange and unfamiliar odors can indicate burning plastic and other components.
- Warm or sparking outlets and switches can indicate excessive heat build-up.
- Buzzing sounds can indicate loose prongs, aging wiring, and other instances that can cause electricity to “jump.”
- Flickering lights often indicate a power surge, which can damage anything that is plugged into your electrical system. It may be time to upgrade your electrical system.
- Broken switches and loose outlets can indicate loose wiring and other potential electrical hazards.
- Tripped GFCI and AFCI breakers or outlets should be inspected every 30 days. They protect you from electrical shocks and fires. If your GFCI and AFCI protection aren’t working properly, contact an electrician.
- Frequently tripping breakers often means your circuit is experiencing a simple overload, but if it happens repeatedly, contact an electrician as soon as you can.
- Too many extension cords usually indicate a lack of outlets and switches. Extension cords should never be used as a permanent solution. If you need additional electrical access, contact a qualified electrician.
Outlets and switches plug us into the electrical system, but like everything else, they can develop problems. Unfortunately, these problems can be deadly.
Ensure a safe and efficient electrical system for your Atlanta home or business by contacting the experts at Aardvark Electric. We can troubleshoot and fix your toughest electrical problems, increasing safety and saving your money in the process. Contact us today to learn more about your outlet and switch options.