Underground Wire Locating and Repair
When it comes to locating and repairing underground wiring, we use state-of-the-art equipment to pinpoint the problem. We can use our wire and cable tracing equipment to find fault situations caused by splices, nicked wires, ground faults, and more. Then, we repair the fault and restore the area to its original condition.
We can locate and repair underground wiring/cabling for anything, including:
- Pole Lights
- Landscape Lighting
- Sub-Panel Feeders
Locating Underground Wiring
We provide underground wire locating and repair service with our state-of-the-art equipment made by 3M™ Dynatel™. This allows us to trace underground wires and cables to find the damage or break (ground faults).
Our 3M™ Electronic Marker Systems can be used to locate:
- Service drops
- Buried transformers and splices
- Street lighting
- Distribution loops
- Conduit stubs
- Service laterals
- Buried splices of all types
- Buried service drops
- Bends: changes of direction, arcs
- Depth changes: lateral deflection
- Fiber optic facilities with no metallic conductor
We have the ability to pinpoint the location of the damage to the wire. Once the broken wire is located it can be repaired instead of being replaced.
Underground Wiring Repair
Using 3M™ Dynatel™ Locators and Markers, we are able to locate, mark, and map underground wiring. After quickly pinpointing underground assets, a proper underground wiring repair (splice) will last the life of the wire/cable.
We use top-quality, rustproof splice kits to ensure a trouble-free, long-lasting repair. When the repair is complete we test the wire to ensure that the insulation is in good condition.
The benefits of repairing a wire over replacing it include:
- Cost of repairing the wire can be significantly less than the cost of replacing it.
- Only the area above the break will need to be dug up for the repair. This will reduce or eliminate damage to landscaping and parking lots/driveways.
- The repair can usually be completed in a few hours.
Professional underground wire locating and repair is much better than re-trenching and/or re-installing new cabling/wiring.
Contact the qualified electricians at Aardvark Electric to schedule underground wire locating and repair for your Atlanta home or business.